Friday, April 25, 2008

Author's Visit

Welcome to our blog. It's just two weeks until we leave for our adventure in England. Why are we traveling across the pond, you ask? Well, the Plymouth Evening Herald can explain it in less than 200 words. Click here to read an article posted on April 21st.

I had been in touch by email with a gentleman in Plymouth who raises pigeons. A week or so later I began receiving phone calls from Plymouth from people responding to my request in the newspaper! The NEWSPAPER??!!?? I was surprised to discover my name in print, and embarrassed that they called me an 'author'.

I've spoken with three couples: they were children during WW2, living in Plymouth during the Blitz, and evacuated to the countryside. They are anxious to share their stories with me, so we are planning to visit with them and have a long "chat" whilst enjoying a cup of coffee. I've spoken with them on the phone and already feel that I've made some wonderful, new friends. It's been amazing and humbling to see God's hand at work for me as we prepare to leave on this journey.

7 comments:

Heather D said...

Love the blog! Can't wait to read about all your adventures.

Anonymous said...

HOW WONDERFUL!!!! So glad you are doing this so we can "follow" you through England.
God Bless You!!!
love,
Mom

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you have a blog for the trip! So excited for the pictures and stories while you're there. See you this weekend!

Wendy said...

We're waiting with anticipation ... I hope your flight went well!

Anonymous said...

The pictures are wonderful, London is beautiful! I saw all the pictures Tim put on SnapFish and thought the war museum looked very interesting.

Keep up on the blog, I'll be checking in every day to see what you're up to and keeping you in my prayers.

P.S. I enjoyed the picture in my mind's eye of you two with all your luggage trying to beat the closing doors on the subways and Tim's expressions when Lori remembered one more thing she needed from her suitcase in the hotel room!

Becki Kail said...

TIM!!!!!! A bacon cheeseburger in England!!!!! I am going to rag on you about that for a very long time!!!!!! But I would have ordered the same thing! Well done! HAHA

I cannot wait to hear about the trainride as if you were being evacuated - keep typing away!!!

Becki

The Newman's said...

Hi Lori and Mr. Wonderful,

WOW what new experiences and treasures you have experienced!! Have a safe trip back and can't wait to get together to hear about the trip!! Tally Ho!!!

Love, The Newman's